A Good Long Saturday..
Started the day out with ah ni at shoe box sale held at suntec convention hall..we were surprised to see that there was no queue outside the venue..heeh of coz we were wrong that there were not much ppl at the sale this yr. Inside the room, lots of ladies were alrdy crowding around the tables placed along the sides of the room. We realise we couldn't see any of the shoes displayed on the tables at all.. even with my height plus tiptoeing, it was of no help at all..there were just too many ppl packed in front. Oh well..for the sake of cheap shoes, let's chiong!!
We decided to start off with the less crowded section displaying open-toe shoes. There were more aunties there..haha. Ah ni accidentally stepped on an auntie's toes and she got so angry she started cursing & swearing to herself.. cuz I saw her mumbling to herself nonstop with a sooper black face..ah ni asked me why she so worked up..I tld her maybe 10 other ppl alrdy stepped on her b4 she did..haha! Just too bad..you come this kinda sale, this kinda problem is really inevitable ;p And there was another inconsiderate auntie in front of me.. she kept stretching out her arm and waving the sandal in her hand to grab the attn of the staff to get the size for her.. but there were ppl standing in front of her and she didn't care.. she continued waving her hand in between ppl's heads until it knocked one of the girl's head! Obviously the 'super-auntie' auntie was ignorant abt it and she didn't even apologise to the girl..so poorthing.
Over at the other side selling 'closed-toe' shoes, it was sooo packed the girls in the middle were sandwiched until they couldn't move at all, while the anxious ppl behind kept pushing & squeezing... And I was observing the guys standing behind, watching what was gg on..some of them wided eyed at how onz girls can be at shopping and grabbing things..hahaha it was qt funny ;D To my surprise, the girls over this corner were very helpful. I was casually asking ah ni if she found a pair of shoes nice, then the girl in front of me who overheard me immediately reached out for the pair and passed to me, asking, "you want?".. that's a really nice gesture of her! Around me there were other girls in front who were nearer to the staff helping strangers who were stuck at the back to get sizes for them and the shoes were then passed to the back like passing a baton in a relay race..cool rite? The staff auntie was very efficient also! She shouted out the shoe size of a certain design like at an aunction, then you will see dozens of hands raised up and frantically waving, hoping the auntie will be nice n give it to her..haha. Then you'll see satisfied girls squeezing out of the crowd, hugging bags and bags of shoes to try on in one shot..if not by the time you slowly try one pair by one pair, there'll be nothing left liao.
I didn't get anything in e end cuz the biggest size was also too small for me.. seemed like I went there more to watch ppl than buy shoe.. hahaha. =D After lunch with ah ni @ ren thai (yes the food was not bad!), I headed off to vc as usual on sats.. today i brought the 2nd round of brownies I made for them to try.. I got alot of positive feedback from them and it's truly encouraging! Thanks guys! =) The next thing I hope to try preparing is my fav dessert - honeydew sago, which I duno where I threw the recipe to.. if it turns out nice, then can see which one to bring to vc chalet ;)
I sat in joyce's car for the first time today! =D And I was just in time to catch the best female singer award at the taiwan golden melody awards shown live on tv after I got home.. and stefanie sun won the award!!! Hooray!! 3 cheers for Yanzi!!! I luv her and in my eyes, she's the best amongst all of them..she truly deserves the award after these yrs of nomination. =D What a great way to end my day.. tired after a long day but it's been a fulfilling day! :)
We decided to start off with the less crowded section displaying open-toe shoes. There were more aunties there..haha. Ah ni accidentally stepped on an auntie's toes and she got so angry she started cursing & swearing to herself.. cuz I saw her mumbling to herself nonstop with a sooper black face..ah ni asked me why she so worked up..I tld her maybe 10 other ppl alrdy stepped on her b4 she did..haha! Just too bad..you come this kinda sale, this kinda problem is really inevitable ;p And there was another inconsiderate auntie in front of me.. she kept stretching out her arm and waving the sandal in her hand to grab the attn of the staff to get the size for her.. but there were ppl standing in front of her and she didn't care.. she continued waving her hand in between ppl's heads until it knocked one of the girl's head! Obviously the 'super-auntie' auntie was ignorant abt it and she didn't even apologise to the girl..so poorthing.
Over at the other side selling 'closed-toe' shoes, it was sooo packed the girls in the middle were sandwiched until they couldn't move at all, while the anxious ppl behind kept pushing & squeezing... And I was observing the guys standing behind, watching what was gg on..some of them wided eyed at how onz girls can be at shopping and grabbing things..hahaha it was qt funny ;D To my surprise, the girls over this corner were very helpful. I was casually asking ah ni if she found a pair of shoes nice, then the girl in front of me who overheard me immediately reached out for the pair and passed to me, asking, "you want?".. that's a really nice gesture of her! Around me there were other girls in front who were nearer to the staff helping strangers who were stuck at the back to get sizes for them and the shoes were then passed to the back like passing a baton in a relay race..cool rite? The staff auntie was very efficient also! She shouted out the shoe size of a certain design like at an aunction, then you will see dozens of hands raised up and frantically waving, hoping the auntie will be nice n give it to her..haha. Then you'll see satisfied girls squeezing out of the crowd, hugging bags and bags of shoes to try on in one shot..if not by the time you slowly try one pair by one pair, there'll be nothing left liao.
I didn't get anything in e end cuz the biggest size was also too small for me.. seemed like I went there more to watch ppl than buy shoe.. hahaha. =D After lunch with ah ni @ ren thai (yes the food was not bad!), I headed off to vc as usual on sats.. today i brought the 2nd round of brownies I made for them to try.. I got alot of positive feedback from them and it's truly encouraging! Thanks guys! =) The next thing I hope to try preparing is my fav dessert - honeydew sago, which I duno where I threw the recipe to.. if it turns out nice, then can see which one to bring to vc chalet ;)
I sat in joyce's car for the first time today! =D And I was just in time to catch the best female singer award at the taiwan golden melody awards shown live on tv after I got home.. and stefanie sun won the award!!! Hooray!! 3 cheers for Yanzi!!! I luv her and in my eyes, she's the best amongst all of them..she truly deserves the award after these yrs of nomination. =D What a great way to end my day.. tired after a long day but it's been a fulfilling day! :)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home