..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

25.5.05

Is Looks Everything?

Yes I agree and am fully aware that good complexion is an asset that is very important to young girls.. or some consider it essential cuz it's the basic requirement to looking good. However, not all girls are so lucky to be endowed with flawless skin, or at least good complexion that doesn't require much extra care but still appears good.. that is no or very very little and occasional pimples, no excessive redness, no scars, etc. But for more unfortunate gals like me.. whom acne loves to get aquainted with all the time.. why can't some people just be more understanding?

Even though I seem to have passed the "qing1 chun1 qi1", pimples still pester me now. So I've already resigned to my fate that I just have to keep dealing with them whenever they come.. I'm already past the stage where I used to stare at my face every morning and get so demoralised because you seem to have no control over them.. be it your diet and daily habits to better skin.. all these take time. So now I'm happy just the way I am! Acne can be such a minor problem if you really think about it.. there is nothing really so disastrous about it and to have to be upset over it because you know that they will eventually go away :) Now I’m glad to say that I'm totally positive and cool about it though I know they might be with me for as long as I don't want them to be; I just gotta be all ready to combat it when they come!

I totally understand that having acne problems is already a very unpleasant thing to happen to a person.. be it a girl or a guy. You know you don't look good and it's inevitable that you start to lose your self-confidence in front of your peers. I really cannot stand it when some people have to be so unfeeling by not understanding your situation and be so mean as to dig further into your wounds! During my trip to Taiwan, I had a terrible breakout cuz of the weather and blah blah blah.. the tour guide kept criticizing my complexion and say how poor & how bad it is, as if it is what I wanted for myself.. ok fine I just kept smiling away and hope to hide my embarassment and pray that she will just shut up for good. Obviously she didn't.. and she happily went on to emphasise how good & how perfect her complexion is cuz she used this miracle native product that she was "marketing" to us. Regardless of her motive for making all those unconstructive comments, be it that she's so overly concerned about my skin and thinks she knows my problem better than I do, or she's just trying to push for the facial products so she can benefit from some monetary gains in the process, I simply cannot tolerate her blunt attitude by making those offensive remarks about me and in front of my friends.

That is not the most ultimate yet. There was one incident where I was on the streets of Taiwan waiting outside a bakery for my friends when this middle-aged woman stood in front of me, giving me this very strange look. I thought she wanted to ask for directions or stuff like that, but instead she asked me in chinese while pointing to her own face, "Your dou4 dou4 (pimples), you want to see a doctor? I can recommend a very good sinseh..." I was totally caught aback by her "over-friendly" gesture and rejected her politely before I walked away after my friends were done. Can you imagine a total stranger approaching you abruptly like that and "confront" you about such a personal and sensitive issue? I thought she might possibly have done it out of a kind or "kind" intention.. I'm not sure and I couldn't care less because there's no way I can come into consensus with having to appreciate her kindness?! .. it just ain't right! All I felt was insult and anger more than anything else!

Back in Singapore, I too had bad experiences with staff at this G*** pharmacy.. or rather the promoters of certain specialised brands that the pharmacy carries, who and 'pose' as the general staff there. When you're looking for something on the shelves away from their counters, they will approach you and pretend to help you (when they do not have any superior knowledge of the shop's products other than their own counter's products).. then they start scrutinising your entire face which makes you feel so uncomfortable. If they see that your complexion is not good, they will "show their true self" and start recommending you their facial products. There was once a promoter that inspected every corner of my face and the "oh you look so pathetic" look was written all over her face.

This is not an accusation or "hatred-recollection" session; but I just want to tell all these people who have denied me that I believe in myself more than ever before and I love myself just the way I look now, even with pimples or scars on my face. And please stop giving me the look as if I am so miserable to have poor skin and I don't know what to do about it, because it is never my choice and I know better than anyone else that I did attempt ways to improve the situation all this while. Do they expect me to grief over it everyday and blame everyone else for me not being able to look as pretty as people around me who have good skin? Come on, just get on with life because there are greater things than just about how perfect or imperfect your skin is! For girls who might be experiencing similar problems as I do and you're reading this, all I want to say is love yourself and just be yourself.. no one can deny you as long as you believe in yourself.. and you're just as beautiful =)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    i really agree with dopey! luv ur this entry!!!

    dun have to mind how other ppl see u...as long as u see urself in a positive manner, u'll be happy...thinking of how other people see you will only make urself more troubled...for wat? ur face, ur body belong to you, not them....so bother about their views??

    i used to mind a lot of how other ppl sees me...but i guess as one grows older, we've come to accept ourselves for who we are....and i think i'm happier this way....=p

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Jshan said…

    Hi ger.. thnks for the encouragement.. I'm DOUBLY CONFIDENT now! =D Yea I agree with u..it's really tiring to bother about how ppl think of you..though sometimes I can't help to think of it..oops haha. I'm learning to be more confident of myself in alot of ways..everyday I'm working towards a more beautiful me! :) I like christina aguilera's "beautiful" especially.. it's a very meaningful song. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home