..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

28.5.05

No more closed-toe shoes for me: Ouch~

I can't actually recall when was the last time I had bad blisters on my feet.. I guess I only had small ones that are so minor that I can't really feel them. My "closed-toe" shoes like my sports shoes are all very comfy, even my low heels dun gimme problems..so I've been very fortunate to be ~blister-free~ for many many years now.. haha.

Until recently I bought this black covered-toed shoes (that's open and strapless at the back) from vnc for vc cuz my previous pair got so terok I cannot wear them anymore (err..my old pair is actually my vj choir shoes which I went to polish it black!!! Coz my shoe size tooo big liao..very hard to find nice covered toe black shoes that I can squeeze my feet into :( so I conveniently reused my vj court shoes..lol ) I didn't feel any discomfort when I first tried them at the shop but when I wore it out e 1st time for SOV, my feet hurt..luckily don't really have blister..only some redness. Haha what's new right? I always hear girls wearing heels or shoes that give them blisters plenty. So I was hoping that my new shoes would be those kind that wear 2nd time onwards won't have problems liao.. but I prepared plasters the 2nd time I wore it just in case. Unfortunately, my plasters came into good use.. I ended up with a 'bubble' on my small toe and more redness on the big toe. But at least I could still work "normally", just that it hurt every few steps that I walk.

So today when I wore that pair for the 3rd time, I learn smart liao. I carefully stuck plasters on both my small toes so that it covers the small bubble, but the moment I got down to my void deck, my toes started to hurt like mad every single step I took, then it got so bad until my face cringing liao..felt somethin like rubbing sandpaper against my flesh..omg. I tahan all the way until the mrt stn toilet n guess what? I got a brand new blister on the area of my small toe which I didn't cover with plaster..oh bestest.. so I stuck some more plasters on my small toes until it looks like my whole toe is plastered..nvm anyway it cannot be seen. The plasters did help to ease the pain abit but when i got home and removed them..I got 2 happy bIG bubbles on each of my small toe.. the bigger one is like 5-cent coin size and it looks like it's on the verge of bUUrsting.. it's hUUge lo!

I swear I'm not gg to wear that pair of shoes out AGN!... except for vc performances & must remember to prepare lots lots of plasters. I better stick to my dear old open-toe shoes, if not walk 10metres will feel like walking 1Km. This is a super gross entry.. sorry 'bout that.. OUCH~

4 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    i can totally understand ur sufferings ger!!! i HATE wearing closed-toe shoes! i simply can't find a perfect one that is of the right size and dun give blisters....there was this time when i bought this pair for presentation and networking stuff purposes and the whole night i was trying hard to ignore the pain...ahaha...like wat u said, it hurts every step u take...and u just hope that there's a pair of sandals right in front of you...ahaha...

    i gg to strat work soon...which mean i need to buy and wear more of this kind of shoes...any nice brands to recommend? =p

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Jshan said…

    Oh dear..I can imagine how painful it is for u..moreover yours is fully covered court shoes rite? Mine is only covered in front but open at the back and it's alrdy hurting like hell lo..let's give a pat on each others' back..we share the same problem, pal. *pattie pat* haha.

    Ya lor..I was so hoping that I got a pair of flats with me n i can quickly hop into it! haha. But after it gave me problems twice, I still had to wear it a 3rd time cuz I was gg for a job interview & I dun have another pair of covered toed shoes..tot it's more appropriate to wear covered toe shoes to interview cuz more formal. I was so desperate that I was contemplating whether I could go barefooted cuz it was a 10-15min walk from my house to the mrt stn..then plus the walk within dhoby ghaut stn. The thought of the distance and the pain that comes with it is enuf to make me go weak in the knees that time. So..I was blessed with bigger bubble blisters..haha.

    Hmm.. I duno if you have problems getting shoes of your size.. Cuz my feet is very long so I even hav problems finding open-toe shoes that wont have my feet sticking out of them..heeh. I used to complain alot cuz it's sooo hard for me to find covered-toe shoes, so you find that I don't own any pair..haha. But until recently I find shops beginning to cater to needs of ppl like me!! Great news!! haha. ;D Like even charles&keith, some designs are alrdy available in size 10 now, and they are slowing expanding it to more designs..but I haven't checked out their covered-toe shoes yet..maybe u can go see see..i think their designs not bad..hehee. Err..what abt vnc? I like that shop cuz they got alot of variety and they're of affordable price range too. They hav ALOT of nice covered-toe shoes, full ones, partially covered ones they all hav..haha. Sound like I'm their dai4 yan2 ren2..haha.. Just that most of them come in killer heels..if you like HIGH heels, then it's perfect for you! Hehe ;)

    If you interested to know more shops that sell bigger-sized shoes, just drop me a note..I can post them up for u..I saw them on a mag one. :) Maybe we can go shopping for shoes tog! haha..

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    haha...i'm thinking of getting covered toes shoes that wouldn't give me blisters! just today went to shop a bit...both URS and charles and keith dun really attract me...
    haven go VNC see yet...think one day must go there!
    for me, my feet not veri big...just that only when sales then my size will run out quite fast...plus my feet is pretty wide so its not easy to find suitable closed toe shoes esp those that are have a sharp and tapered front...

    i also cannot wear killer heels! coz i'm tall enuff...wearing killer heels will prob make me towered over the rest of the ppl...hahhaa

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Jshan said…

    Ya..same for me..no killer heels for me..so I havta rule out alot choices and go 'woah' at those ppl who are trying them at the shop..haha!

    ok..u go vnc see if got any that strucks your attention..if u gg the citylink branch and they dont ur size, can ask them to check other branches for u..they have 2 other branches at raffles place and harbour front :)

    Eh it's quite hard for covered shoes to not give any blisters..hahaha. If I come across any shop that sells comfy cover-toed shoes next time, i'll be sure to let ya noe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home