..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

21.6.05

Malu Adventure of the Decade!!

Mmm.. *scratches chin* .. not a bad title I've thought of eh..kinda like it. hahaha~ ;D Okok.. back to serious business. Anyway.. I last minute asked Yan out for dinner today.. haven't seen her since b4 exams, and I looked forward to meeting up with her.. we have some good catching up to do! ;)

Yan was very accomodating and asked me to take my pick for the place to meet cuz she's fine with any location, so I chose PS since it's a centralised spot. Seeing all the GSS sale signs hanging everywhere in the shops, I was tempted and dragged her along to do some quick shopping before we dig in for a nice dinner. After trying a flowery top from future state that didn't fit me, I made my way out of the shop. Suddenly, I felt my shoe snap. (!!) I think it was my heel that got stuck in the wooden planks of the floor, but I wasn't aware, so the strap gave way after I tried to continue walking. My shoe is the "slipper kiap" design and the thin strap that I "kiap" in between my front 2 toes got detached from the shoe base. It was only the 2nd shop that I entered..best.

I had to drag my left foot along every step I took.. but on the other hand, the thought of having a good excuse to get a brand new pair of shoes was enough to make up for my "bad luck"..and my all-time-fav C&K was just over at the other corner..so just nice! hahaha. I suggested settling down for dinner first then take my time to shop for new shoes after we filled our stomachs. Well here, the real adventure begins~

I was waiting for Yan while she queued up at the Yoshinoya counter when I realised the basement area looked a little smoky.. and there were people walking briskly down the escalator, covering their mouths from the smoke, which apparently came from upstairs. Most of us weren't really bothered by it so we just kept ourselves busy with our food. The smoke got worse after a while until it covered the whole area, and people said there's a fire upstairs. Anyway, we just continued eating, thinking that it should be a minor fire if there really was one.. and most probably we should be unaffected down here. 5-10 mins later, the commotion got worse and we were asked to evacuate the building. What..!!?! But wait! My shoe's broken! How am I supposed to walk out like.. THIS?? Ok.. I started to panic because I couldn't walk in this state, and we were expected to move quickly. Good thing Yan managed to borrow scotch tape from the counter (hmm..qt surprised that Yoshinoya has scotch tape..haha) and I hurriedly wrapped layers and layers of scotch tape on my shoe strap until it looked like a ball of tape.. Ugly, but heck. Great.. so I got up and after walking less than 10 steps, my strap came off..agaIN!?! OH NOoo. Boh pian.. I just dragged my shoe along as best I can, and we eventually got down to the MRT station, because with my limping, that's the nearest "safest" place that I could go.. haha.


OKAY. Enough of the fire..we're out of the place..now what? I can't go home like this.? I haven't even finished half of my dinner which I paid $7.20 for (now that I remind myself of it, I still owe yan dinner $$!..sorry gal! pay u back real soon. ;p).. my stomach was still growling.. and I haven't gotten myself a new pair of shoes yet! Arrgh.. I was almost rolling my eyes at how suay I was. Good thing Yan was clever enough to pull out her stapler and helped me to staple the "ball of scotch tape" to my detached shoe strap, and she fixed it! Bravo bravo! Now I can make my way home.. and walk more normally. But I had to be cruel and say bye to yan when we didn't even enjoy a proper meal together after we finally met up, cuz I was worried my shoe will give way anytime. Tata to Yan, and home-oh-home, here I come!

Heng.. my shoe strap remained intact all the way until I got down the MRT, and I was just 10-15 mins walk from home. Walk walk walk.. walk walk walk.. suddenly I felt my left foot come loose from the shoe.. I lowered my head, thinking "not AGAIN??".. Great. fantastic. wOw. my shoe has officially declared dead. Even staples were not helping me.. not when I'm just so near to my house?! ARGGH. HOW NOW BROW COW? There was still a big road lying ahead of me. I asked myself how on earth am I going to crawl over to the opposite side of the road like this?... no way. I can't even hold my shoe up when I lift my foot to walk, no matter how hArd I "kiap" the shoe, it still won't work. Die liao. One word: DESPARATE. I was all by myself, no scotch tape, no stapler.. only my spoilt shoe. Bestest.

I had no choice, so I plucked up my courage and pia across the traffic light. My heart was pounding heavily every step I took because I was sooo scared my heel will fall off any second, and I was limping sooo slowly the traffic light was going to turn red any minute before I eventually crawled to the other side. It was a loong journey back. A lot of passers-by gave me weird stares when they saw me walking like a snail and dragging my feet in a super awkward fashion. There was even a tai-tai who was strolling with her husband and urm4 chio3 at me when she walked past me!?! * O-M-G* It was so embarrasing! My heels are white, so my spoilt shoe was still quite visible in the dark. So evil!! I was hoping she will break her heel too and fall flat on her face in the middle of the road..see if she still dare to laugh at ppl!! *hmpf*

.........

Er.. how often do you encounter a fire at a shopping mall and your shoe broke at the same time..? I really believed I could win 4D if I bought it today. It's really too much of a coincidence I duno what to say. If I had bought my new shoes before I ate dinner, I wouldn't have gone through so much trouble..sigh. Oh well.. what an unforgettable tueday sia~ =/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home