..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

6.6.05

My Nest @ C9

Woke up at 7 today..*RisE & ShinE* I wasn't exactly very refreshed having only caught a few hrs of sleep, but I was all set and ready for my 1st day of work!..well..KINDA..plus some feelings of jumpiness too of coz..haha. =p I left house on time (which is qt unusual of me..!) and when I reported at the office reception, I was still 10mins early.. it was a perfect start for a 1st day!

After a briefing by the HR manager, I was referred to my superior. I was looking forward to meeting her again after the pleasant interview last time. I approached her from the back and she turned around wearing a "oh it's you!" look on her smiley face.. it's really nice to finally see a familiar face in a totally new environment. Claire showed me around the office and after a while I got quite lost cuz we seem to be turning everywhere at different corners. The floor plan on the wall didn't help much, though everything has been shrunk by 20times, the floor plan still looks hUUUge..and very complicated too. Luckily another colleague showed me around the "important" places again in the afternoon and I finally managed to figure out the way around for the area around my department ONLY.. so it's not so confusing. haha. I gotta turn 3 corners just to get to the ladies..pheeww. And there's the pantry..and the door to the lift area. haha..can u imagine not knowing how to get out of the office? wahaha..CMI.

And I have my own proper desk too! ..yaAAY! *clap clap* :) It's like, the whole place is so big and there's so many people working in the office, but they duno me and I duno them.. so this desk is like my very own little cosy corner to hide in and do my stuff.. and my nest is called C9!..with this big tag hung high above my seat ;D My PC is fit and strong..nothing like those going-to-die-on-me-anytime pentium IIs.. mouse also very cooperative..haha. There's plenty of room around for movement.. and I'm gonna have a bigger cabinet all to myself! I love my seat!!

All in all, one word to summarize 1st day at work => CONFUSING. =/ Cuz there's so much admin and IT stuff to settle.. you only have question marks and MORE question marks bopping out of your head. But then again there was a lot of fun out of all the confusion.. exploring and discovering things as the day went by.. and my colleagues were nice and helpful.. but very serious at work too.. hardly hear any chatter or giggles in the midst of office hrs. So the whole place is rather quiet..very conducive for work but would be even better if I could play some soft radio music or mp3.. hahaha!

Been a sotong for a day now..hope to become a smart sotong by the end of the week eh..heehee. It's been a nice experience for a 1st day of work so far..and I'm kinda enjoying it..surprisingly! haha. Time didn't pass too slowly and b4 I knew it, I was shooting out of the office and heading home..mommie's home today to cook dinner for meee! It's so tiring by the end of the day though I was sitting down comfortably the whole while...gosh..

Well..I've got lots more things to learn still and stuff to discover along the way..sure hope I'll enjoy everyday's work as much as I did today! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home