Congratulations...It's A Celebration!
The next thing on my agenda that I'm so looking forward to is convocation on the 14th! Congratulations to myself..yes..haha ;) Congratulations too!..to all my friends who are graduating together with me at this time.. Meihui, Weili, Liting, Mich, Joyce, Driz, Siwen, Jaclyn and many others whom I duno too..heeh. =p We have all made it here to where we are today.. and if that doesn't call for a celebration, then what else? *CHEERS GuYs!!*
I'm very glad to be graduating with bell especially..we'll be wearing the gown together on the same day and getting the piece of paper that we've been working so hard towards for all our lives now.. and finally we are going to have one of our own, with our very own names printed on it..yipeee!
I took half-day last thursday to collect the graduation gown with bell in the morning, and unexpectedly, it was a totally enjoyable experience. It was good to be back in sch agn; we weren't back for more tests, assignments and neverending deadlines, but this time, I felt I was finally going to be granted a pair of wings, and I'm ready to fly and soar~~ into the big blue sky =)
The hall was surprisingly empty and the entire collection process was very systematic and organised..nothing like the "crowded flea market style" that I was expecting to see..haha. Great start! So we leisurely took our time to try and choose our gowns.. everywhere I could see happy faces with light-hearted smiles.. it was sucha pleasant sight.. =D
At the end of the day, I had an unexpected reward.. I decided to get a plague for myself! There were conventional designs and also those with a more modern outlook.. all of them look gorgeous! I had a great time in that 1 hr preparing stuff for my convo, and the school staff were very nice too.. they were very patient and friendly while serving us, and their smiles seemed to convey a contratulatory message, like they were equally happy for us too! So when the plague thing came, I thought why not? I wanted to get one not to please anyone, in fact mom thought I didn't need it. But I felt good about my graduation, and it is something that calls for a celebration, so I think the plague came just the right time! A bachelor's degree is ordinary compared to other degrees, but it IS a personal achievement for me.. and I'm really very happy and contented to have come this far.. having accomplished what I have basically set out to achieve in my past 15 years of education. A plague looks good, and displaying it will help to remind myself of my good old years in school. ;)
I don't care how much this piece of paper is worth in the job market now, that's something I can't control, but all I want to care about now is to have a good time at convo, taking lots and lots of pictures..that's what I can do! It'll be a great chance for my family to get together, a happy occasion to get papa, mama, sis and myself a tad excited! 10 more days to go!
I'm very glad to be graduating with bell especially..we'll be wearing the gown together on the same day and getting the piece of paper that we've been working so hard towards for all our lives now.. and finally we are going to have one of our own, with our very own names printed on it..yipeee!
I took half-day last thursday to collect the graduation gown with bell in the morning, and unexpectedly, it was a totally enjoyable experience. It was good to be back in sch agn; we weren't back for more tests, assignments and neverending deadlines, but this time, I felt I was finally going to be granted a pair of wings, and I'm ready to fly and soar~~ into the big blue sky =)
The hall was surprisingly empty and the entire collection process was very systematic and organised..nothing like the "crowded flea market style" that I was expecting to see..haha. Great start! So we leisurely took our time to try and choose our gowns.. everywhere I could see happy faces with light-hearted smiles.. it was sucha pleasant sight.. =D
At the end of the day, I had an unexpected reward.. I decided to get a plague for myself! There were conventional designs and also those with a more modern outlook.. all of them look gorgeous! I had a great time in that 1 hr preparing stuff for my convo, and the school staff were very nice too.. they were very patient and friendly while serving us, and their smiles seemed to convey a contratulatory message, like they were equally happy for us too! So when the plague thing came, I thought why not? I wanted to get one not to please anyone, in fact mom thought I didn't need it. But I felt good about my graduation, and it is something that calls for a celebration, so I think the plague came just the right time! A bachelor's degree is ordinary compared to other degrees, but it IS a personal achievement for me.. and I'm really very happy and contented to have come this far.. having accomplished what I have basically set out to achieve in my past 15 years of education. A plague looks good, and displaying it will help to remind myself of my good old years in school. ;)
I don't care how much this piece of paper is worth in the job market now, that's something I can't control, but all I want to care about now is to have a good time at convo, taking lots and lots of pictures..that's what I can do! It'll be a great chance for my family to get together, a happy occasion to get papa, mama, sis and myself a tad excited! 10 more days to go!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home