..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

14.7.05

ConVo ConVo ConVo!

It's 14th July! HOORAaaY!!~ A day to remember - the day of my graduation. It's a time to feel good about myself.. and attempt to look good too..after I painstakingly pinned and ironed my gown until nice nice the night before..hehe. I like the pink sash a lot actually..it's very very prEtty..our gown would be quite boring without it. =D Everything's good, except for the mortar board..no way to make it look nice on me..hmm. Somehow I look quite funny with a bare forehead and with hair hanging on the two sides of my forehead. After looking at the photos I took today, still think without mortar board looks better..hehe. Anyway I had a great time taking lots of pictures today..it was most fun =)

Special mention about Shiqi.. she's one of the few Economics 1st class honours graduate and I can summarise her academic records in one word: "WOoooW". Well, because on top on that, she has won not one, but NUMEROUS special awards. So by the time the person was announcing her THIRD award (which was already ALOT), she's still not finished..while the guy sitting in front of me turned to look at his friend and gave the super stunned look.. hahaha. But shiqi didn't behave like one who walks with her nose in the air just because she's very intelligent. She wore a friendly smile on her face throughout her presence onstage and presented her speech in a sincere tone.. no "I'm so smart" look on her face, no "jia4 zi3".

It's hard to be very smart, but it's even harder to be humble when you are very smart; it's hard to be very rich, but it's even harder to be humble when you are very rich. Personally, I think humility is invaluable; it earns you the utmost respect and admiration that people willingly give. Smart people who go around telling people how smart they are as if they are so scared no one knows, and good-looking people who desperately want to show off how handsome/pretty they are, simply put others off.. whereas people who truly have what it takes but are humble about it are those who truly deserves others' admiration. This is exactly how I feel about shiqi. I admire her for her capability of coz, but I look up to her even more for her great sense of humility. Not everyone can be like her..it's not easy to keep your feet grounded, especially in our practical society which places great emphasis on grades, money and status every single minute. It's so easy to subconsiously slip into the way of becoming so self-centred (if you have assets that society values and others don't have), that you don't care about other people's emotions and feelings..so, kudos to shiqi!

Good stuff today. Except for my worst ever shopping experience at my favourite Charles&Keith. Wisma branch was very packed as usual..despite during working hours and GSS is long over. So I guess that's the main reason why the staff all looked so bek cek. And even the customer myself also have to see their "face colour". 1st - the branch was basically under-staffed; instead of staff taking initiative to serve me, I practically had to hunt for someone to get my size for me.. because it was so crowded and for one moment, they suddenly all disappeared. Nvm.

2nd - After waiting for some time, I finally managed to spot an emptyhanded staff who was about to enter the storeroom, so of coz I approached her. Guess what kind of response I got? She didn't even look at me and just waved her hand in the air and dashed into the storeroom. Hey, I was expecting to get at least an answer that's at least made up of WORDS. What kind of attitude is this? It made me feel stupid standing there and being ignored. I don't take busy getting shoes for other customers as an excuse..it's basic manners ok.

3rd - there were 2 people at the counter, and apparently one of them didn't appear to be busy. I tried alerting him twice and I believe he can hear me unless he never dig his ears properly, so I had to raise my voice and go "EXCUSE ME!" before he finally turned and looked at me. I merely asked if they have black colour for the design I showed him, he said "NO" flatly with a "salty fish face" look. Ok that's it, I had enough. I didn't even bother considering buying anything cuz I was so pissed by their attitude. I concluded it's their staff problem.. not one, but seems all of them are so unhappy to serve their customers. What lousy service. I walked out of the shop coz I didn't want them to spoil my good day any further. Btw just one word of advice I have for people in the service line: If serving a large crowd of customers is already enough to test your patience, then you are NOT suited to be here. If you think it is not your business that customers are unhappy with you, fine. Just don't forget that you also have plenty of chances to be a customer yourself, and when you are one, be prepared to be served the same way you serve your own customers.

Well well.. unhappy moments --> SHOO SHOO away! haha ;p It's been a tiring day. Rushing here and there sure takes the toll on me but I'm just glad that the convo ceremony has ended beautifully.. and I have gotten my certificate today.. thanks to my family and friends who were with me on this special occasion. Great memories for me to keep and think back on for many many years to come.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home