..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

25.7.05

Finders Keepers?..NQS!

This morning when I switched on my office pc, I heard the Microsoft Windows startup alert.. for a moment I was a little puzzled coz I usually don’t hear this music every morning.. but anyway I just happily ignored it. I checked my office email as usual after that and a sound came from my pc again..this time was new email alert. Hmm I felt something amiss..a thought suddenly struck me. I immediately checked my CPU.. shucks..WHERE’S MY EARPHONES??? It’s GONE!! Dammit..

Ok let me explain. My workplace here is kinda noise-free, you don’t hear radio music playing in the open, so if anyone wants to listen to any music it’s implicitly suggested that you plug in your own earphones. My CPU has a convenient earphone plug in front, which is beside the power on/off switch.. but somehow it doesn’t work, so I have to connect my earphones all the way to the main earphone plug located at the back of my CPU. It’s very inconvenient to remove and replug my earphones every morning coz there are chunks of wires behind my CPU and it’s quite hard to find the port.. the back of my CPU is blocked by the partitions and I would have to poke at every hole to find the correct one. Since it’s so troublesome, I just left my earphones on my CPU everyday instead of locking them up in drawer. Though I’ve heard from my colleagues that there have been cases of theft in the past and warned me to look after my belongings carefully, I thought no one would take it..I mean it’s just earphones! Erm ok..besides that fact that it’s sony and orange in colour which is qt nice??

I left it there for almost a month now and nothing has happened. Sigh..now it’s gone for good. what a way to start my week. =( Well maybe someone has been eyeing it for some time already..I wouldn’t know. And I specially brought a few of my fav CDs to add on to my office CD collection so I can listen to some good music and cheer up my Monday morning.. now I can’t listen to any music for the whole day..until I get a new set of earphones soon. *BOO* Okay. Maybe I have to bear part of the responsibility for leaving my earphones in the open. BUT then again, I thought it’s nothing expensive or valuable, so much so that someone will really take it. It’s not a CD player, handphone or some fanciful IT gadget..it’s just EARPHONES!? Ok I really need to get this into my head.. it’s either someone took it. OR my earphones has legs.. *walk walk walk walk,.* The more I think of it, the more angry I am. ARGH =////

About 2 weeks ago, my friend Grace also had her phone stolen in her office. She had accidentally left it in the toilet cubicle and the next minute when she went back to find it, it’s gone. So much so for trust between colleagues. I was just consoling Grace for her terrible experience and now it’s my turn. I’m more angry than I am sad, after all I can just get a new set. But the fact that someone took it, whoever it is who has access to our office, really irks me. Such people who have itchy eyes and itchy hands should be taught a lesson. Please don’t be greedy. If you want something, get it within your own ability! If it’s not, then just let go of the idea, what’s the big deal?? My colleague told me even the instant noodles she left in the open was also stolen last time..can you believe it? I’m totally disgusted by such people, and I learnt my lesson the hard way. Never, never let your guard down wherever you are and whichever of your belongings are concerned as far as possible.. it’s really no use crying over spilt milk after the theft has taken place, you’ll never get your things back.. especially when you don’t even know who took your things.. like me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home