..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

29.8.05

In Song 2005: A Night to Remember

~ Curtains fall ~
We wrapped up In Song 2005: Perfect Fourths at 9.40pm last night.
Something to describe my feelings 24 hours ago::
*Hee!*…
…*Yea! YAY!!*…
…*phUUew* … …

We reached the climax of the concert towards the end when we performed our repertoire of percussive Indonesian folklore, and the audience loved our last song, Kerrapan Sape - I could feel it - it was a blast! (I get a kick out of singing this song myself too..haha. *Hey! Hey! Hey!* And nelson’s and terr’s last pose was really zai3..haha!) The crowd cheered and shouted Encore.. it was a truly rewarding experience to see the smiles on their faces and know that they enjoyed our singing - it was all worth it =)
---> *Hee!” = Big smile to the audience as a show of my appreciation to them for being here with us this night

Our concert wouldn’t be successful without a few people whom I wish to thank here. Getting our notes and lyrics right are already very effort-consuming, but these people also had to juggle other miscellaneous stuff at the same time, so they really deserve a pat on the shoulder! Thanks to Sandy and Minyi, who saved our lives by helping the girls with our troublesome saris..they are just like our tie1 xin1 nannies..helping us take care of all the nitty gritty stuff..hehe.

Thanks to the ex-co and pub comm for helping to organise and put the whole concert together. Our bleak sales must have caused them to lose sleep over the possibility of the choir singing to a half-empty hall and as a result, make losses out of the concert. It has been a struggling time for the choir in the past week, needless to say the pub comm, BUT last night, the crowd grew as every minute passed and the hall looked so packed! We sold more than a thousand tickets..which is really great news for everyone! Wow! The miracle (in my earlier entry) has come true..good job, ex-co and pub comm!

Thanks to all our conductors again, esp Nelson..I think he really makes magic and brings music to life. Yea, Joyce and I will agree on this..we’ve seen the difference for ourselves..it’s real~ I think we wouldn’t be able to sing the songs as well as we do than without his guidance and advice. Thanks Nelson..you really are a musical genius! And our 3 dear conductors in da house! I think they all looked so shuai4 on stage when they were conducting last night..so much style they have got~..hehe ;P And not to forget the choreo ppl who squeezed their brain juice dry to think of actions that will look good on the choir, and helping to perfect our moves..well done folks!
---> * Yea! YAY!!* = We have made it, finally! 20 songs to a good show! And look at the crowd in the hall! 3 cheers for VC!

Well frankly, our singing may not be anywhere near perfect last night; we went sharper..AND sharper, but we (esp the sops) still hung on and sang as best as we can. There surely are many places where we (and myself) can improve on, but it was undeniably a beautiful performance we have put up, and surely a night to remember for all of us onstage together last night. I know it isn’t easy to have everyone come together and put up a performance like this, especially since VC is an entirely voluntary thing, so I really cherish this chance to sing with everyone. I enjoyed every minute of the performance onstage. Sis was there on my right, offstage..and shue, peishan and bell was to my left. Thanks for coming down to watch me, it kept me going. :)

Thinking back, it has been a wonderful experience preparing for this concert with VC this year. There were numerous funny moments, like when someone sings the wrong note or made an early entry, and everyone will burst out in laughter uncontrollably. Sundays were also a lot of fun when we practised our choreo..the girls would come up with funny indianish choreo and poses to match with our sari costume..it was really hilarious~ And of course there were frustrating times as well when we couldn’t get things right and done, but these will all be valuable memories for me to keep. :)

So after all the cheers, laughter and thank yous I wanna say, it’s finally time to relax and..rest! Practices after practices have tire us all out, coming two weekends will be a well deserved break for all of us to recharge and prepare for the next biggie!
---> *phUUew* = Now I can wake up late on sats/suns and can still afford to nua and tu2 as much as I like..haha.

Till this morning, the songs are still ringing in my head… *hashiru, hashiRU..HASHIRU!...*

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding……….. *bobs head from right to left..to right..to left…to..*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home