..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

21.8.05

Victoria Chorale Presents …

~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~

In Song: Perfect Fourths

Catch
us LIVE! @ Esplanade Concert Hall
On: 28th August 2005, Sunday,
At : 7.30pm

~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~::~

Yes, we’re back again…stronger, and even better! It’s going to be VC’s big day of the year, and this is my 2nd In Song with the choir… boy(!) am I looking forward to Sunday! Terr, Xuhao & Zhihong have worked very hard with the choir, and we have practised hard from the beginning of this year for it. Kudos to the conductors! *applause applause* Kudos to all VC-lings too! *another round of applause* This very night will witness all these months of effort put in by every single choir member; this is the night that we have all been working towards to, and we’re just one week away from it now! =D

Hmm.. maybe before I get all excited about concert day, I better start worrying about my costumes.. badly need to fix a metal pin to my organza, and tack all the pleats neatly for my 2nd-half constume (well, maybe I shouldn’t say what it is here and now..heeh heeh ;P). I know I have been delaying it for ages..I’m just too tired & lazy after work to sit down and patiently do all these, and weekends have been taken up by practices. Yea man, I ought to get them all done up these few days before I start panicking the day before the concert right..

There are some of my friends who have accepted my invitation to attend my concert, and I wanna sincerely thank them here for coming down to support the choir, and to give me a chance to share with you something that’s special in my life. And bell is coming to my choir concert for the 1st time! Really, I appreciate it a lot. Coz it is not at all easy to have people really come down on that day, unfortunately. There are just too many concerns that vary across each individual. Prior commitments arranged. Unable to find company to go for the concert. Too ex. Not interested.. just to name a few.

I know that it is impossible to gather everyone I hope to get, to come down to VC’s concert. I mean..even for an occasion as big as National Day, also not everyone will want to go down to Padang to watch the parade – again, for various numerous reasons - and needless to say, for a choir concert. From my personal experience, choral music is still very unfamiliar to Singaporeans. It seems as if to some people that singing in choir isn’t a very ‘normal’ (or conventional’, you might say) thing to do. After all, choral music is not like pop or hip-hop that can easily appeal to the masses, but personally I feel that choral music is so beautiful that it’s a pity not to know how to appreciate it. And for most part of VC music (and for In Song this coming Sunday), the only instrument is - the human voice.

For people who haven’t had any response since I smsed them days ago, not even a “no, I’m not interested” or “no, I can’t come” reply, I duno what happened to them, or to my sms. I shan’t dwell on that. But there are two people that I want to specially thank. First is my dear sis. She was the first one to tell me she will come, even before the tickets were out for sale. Sis had been wanting to go BKK with her friends and they finally managed to decide on a weekend that could accommodate everybody’s schedule, only to realise that it clashes with my concert day. So she had to push back her vacation plans because of me. Though I very much want Sis to be there for me on this important night, I felt bad (and good thing her friends never chop me up ;P), but sis told me she promised me she will come, and she will. Thanks cheh, love ya! =D

The second person I wanna thank is Shue. When I first told her 1-2 months back that I have an upcoming concert, she said she’d like to come and see how good our choir is. I thought she meant that as a casual remark, so when the tix were out I asked her again. This was what she replied in her sms in her exact words, “Hee 28th u got concert? Cool. It’s a sun? Ok I’ll go support you.” I was very touched after I saw her reply. She agreed, on the spot. No questions asked. She didn’t even asked me how much was the price of the tix, she only made sure that she had nothing on on that day. Wow. I couldn’t thank you more, Shue, for your faith in me, and the amount of encouragement you gave me by promising to come watch me at my concert. Thanks a million!

We are eager to sing for everyone, but sales aren't doing good even till now, sad to say. I've tried approaching my friends but frankly, my effort is really minimal, considering the size of the concert hall which can accomodate 1600 ppl. *sweat* I wish I have the power to have a huge impact on our ticket sales, sigh. I pray hard that a miracle will happen. We just have one more practice to brush up whatever we can for our songs, and we’re ready to put up a good show..for a large crowd I hope. And I hope that 28th will be a memorable day for all VC-lings, and the audience will enjoy our concert as much as we do singing for you onstage!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger JoyceyDopey said…

    hi dear, u can delete comments on ur blog page. just checked blogger FAQ heh. :) you just log into blogger then return to ur own blog page. at the comments page there shld be a trash can icon for every comment.. then u just click n delete lor..
    and you can delete this comment after u're done too. haha. too long to tag mah. ^^

    joycey dopey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home