..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

8.8.05

What Quality Life Means To Me

In one of the episodes of the 9pm drama serial on channel 8 more than a week ago, Tay Ping Hui said something that caught my attention instantaneously. The scene was showing Joanne Peh having coffee at TPH’s house and chatting away, then he casually commented that ‘quality life’ to him meant having a cup of good coffee and spending quality time with his friends, etc. (I can’t remember the exact lines he said, but it was something along that line.) It was a rather simple remark, but it struck me as something meaningful – it was one of the beliefs I held close to my heart. Frankly, it’s nice to be hearing something I believe in from another voice - and surprisingly in a TV show – to know that there is a someone else (erm in this case the scriptwriter ;P) who also believes in the same thing as I do.

I met up with Driz and Joyce for dinner yesterday, FINALLY. Yes, it’s quite hard to find a common time to meet up nowadays especially now that Driz and I are working, so it’s harder to accommodate our schedules. But I had such a great time with my two darling mei mei-s last night it was really my day. Though it was a short 3 hours, and if only it could be longer, it was undeniably quality time spent. I enjoyed every minute of the dinner and time together. After all I haven’t seen Driz for a long time, and the xiao-zaRR bohs [minus bro=( ] were in full force yesterday! Haha. ;D

All 3 of us were starving by the time we met up..it was already past 8! But it was the right choice to settle for tampines fish & co for dinner. The food was good – btw it was my first time having seafood platter for two – it’s fantastic, and black pepper stingray was yummy too! Service was excellent – the lady who served us was all smiles the whole night – which made our dinner even more enjoyable. And how can we forget good music? I totally love the disney CD they were playing..the arrangements were different from the traditional ones, something fresh and upbeat..good stuff!

And yes, I got 2 new pairs of earrings from Driz to add on to my collection! Driz is really getting better and better at it I must say, I’m so lucky to have her as my mei mei. I’m her loyal supporter! Without her, I wouldn’t have such unique earrings to complement my outfits. Love them lots! To sum everything up, nothing would be as good without such good company. :) We must meet up as often as we can, I promise!

I felt so fulfilled by the end of the day. I have been spending my Sundays nua-ing at home, and earlier on I was still whining to myself about having to go all the way to Siglap on Sunday late afternoon for VC prac. But practice turned out well..we were learning choreo and yea we had quite a lot of fun with it. And to sum things up, I had an incredible time with Driz and Joyce. I felt deeply, that this is what quality life means to me – having a simple dinner and chat with my dear sisters is more than enough, really. My day ended with a blast, much better than I had expected it to be! =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home