Lee’s Family Portrait
We finally had our first ever family portrait taken on Sunday, 25th Sept.
This didn’t just happen by chance! It took us quite some time and effort for the talk to eventually materialise. Besides having to accommodate each others’ schedules – yesss, everyone just suddenly seems so busy everytime we are trying to put something together – we also had to take into account when Sis and I will both have our gowns available for the shoot. This alone was tough enough!
Timing was one of the most crucial factors. By the time we really sat down and got into some serious discussion about what kinda package we wanted, deciding which studio to go to, comparing prices and what not, it was already the seventh month. Ghez. As most of us know, it wasn’t exactly the best time to go ahead as planned during this time of the year, so we respected mum’s decision to postpone the photoshoot till the next month.
After all the hiccups and delays, and 2 months have passed since my convocation (whoh..), we finally settled on the venue/date/time of the photoshoot. HOORAY!!! But behind all these, there surely has to be someone taking the initiative to get things going if not we will just dilly-dally until the cows come home and still nothing happens..isn’t that true? And papa was the one who eventually helped to finalize everything and booked the appointment! So..BIG thanks Pa, great effort there! ;)
Sis and I were both so excited on Sunday..I’m glad we were all looking forward to the photoshoot :D And I have been waiting for this all my life! To have our very own family portrait hanging on the wall of our living room..I think it completes our home. And I hope pa and ma will be happy to see her two daughters both graduate from University this year, the four of us coming together to take a photo and remember this sweet moment forever.
Sunday afternoon. Our photoshoot was scheduled at 5. But I had no idea why I was so drowsy and I had to depend on my eye makeup to do wonders to my sleepy eyes..vain me cannot afford to look like garfield in my own graduation photo ya know! LOL. And we were late..for obvious reasons..cuz we had 3 ladies dolling up in one house. And that got pa really impatient..haha. Anyways in the end we still had more than sufficient time to slowly take our photos before the next family arrived, so everything went really well, and we had a nice fulfilling dinner at Hans after that. :)
It was an enjoyable time we had spent in the studio..special credits to the humurous photographer who cracked a lot of funny jokes to lighten our moods and help us smile more beautifully ;D Well, I didn’t expect Pa to get nervous over the photoshoot though! It was quite funny – and sweet too – cuz I rarely rarely see him getting this uptight over something..:P And I discovered something new about myself too, thanks to the photographer who told me that it’s tricky to take pictures of me as one side of my face is flat and the other is not..GHEZ. *wide eyed* As if this wasn’t enough, he added that my nose is alittle crooked too? *omg* Now I know what else is wrong with my face..or is it just normal? Since no one is perfect anyway..hahaha..oh well!
Looking forward to viewing the photos in a week’s time..I’m sure they will look nice, especially our family portrait. =)
This didn’t just happen by chance! It took us quite some time and effort for the talk to eventually materialise. Besides having to accommodate each others’ schedules – yesss, everyone just suddenly seems so busy everytime we are trying to put something together – we also had to take into account when Sis and I will both have our gowns available for the shoot. This alone was tough enough!
Timing was one of the most crucial factors. By the time we really sat down and got into some serious discussion about what kinda package we wanted, deciding which studio to go to, comparing prices and what not, it was already the seventh month. Ghez. As most of us know, it wasn’t exactly the best time to go ahead as planned during this time of the year, so we respected mum’s decision to postpone the photoshoot till the next month.
After all the hiccups and delays, and 2 months have passed since my convocation (whoh..), we finally settled on the venue/date/time of the photoshoot. HOORAY!!! But behind all these, there surely has to be someone taking the initiative to get things going if not we will just dilly-dally until the cows come home and still nothing happens..isn’t that true? And papa was the one who eventually helped to finalize everything and booked the appointment! So..BIG thanks Pa, great effort there! ;)
Sis and I were both so excited on Sunday..I’m glad we were all looking forward to the photoshoot :D And I have been waiting for this all my life! To have our very own family portrait hanging on the wall of our living room..I think it completes our home. And I hope pa and ma will be happy to see her two daughters both graduate from University this year, the four of us coming together to take a photo and remember this sweet moment forever.
Sunday afternoon. Our photoshoot was scheduled at 5. But I had no idea why I was so drowsy and I had to depend on my eye makeup to do wonders to my sleepy eyes..vain me cannot afford to look like garfield in my own graduation photo ya know! LOL. And we were late..for obvious reasons..cuz we had 3 ladies dolling up in one house. And that got pa really impatient..haha. Anyways in the end we still had more than sufficient time to slowly take our photos before the next family arrived, so everything went really well, and we had a nice fulfilling dinner at Hans after that. :)
It was an enjoyable time we had spent in the studio..special credits to the humurous photographer who cracked a lot of funny jokes to lighten our moods and help us smile more beautifully ;D Well, I didn’t expect Pa to get nervous over the photoshoot though! It was quite funny – and sweet too – cuz I rarely rarely see him getting this uptight over something..:P And I discovered something new about myself too, thanks to the photographer who told me that it’s tricky to take pictures of me as one side of my face is flat and the other is not..GHEZ. *wide eyed* As if this wasn’t enough, he added that my nose is alittle crooked too? *omg* Now I know what else is wrong with my face..or is it just normal? Since no one is perfect anyway..hahaha..oh well!
Looking forward to viewing the photos in a week’s time..I’m sure they will look nice, especially our family portrait. =)



1 Comments:
At 2:31 PM,
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home