..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

6.9.05

Lil’ Kids

I remember it was on one of the days after work some weeks ago..I was on my way home on NEL, when I saw a mother board the train with her 3 children. Alas, the young kids started turning the whole place upside down the moment they stepped into the cabin.

There was youngest “baby” son (mind you, he’s already old enough to walk on his own) - aka Mr. Yang Ore - who started sprawling all over the floor and refused to get up no matter how hard his mum attempted to pull him up. Then there was older brother - aka Mr. HyperActive - who played along with his younger brother, plus the sister who also followed suit. In the end, the mother had no choice but to squat down on the floor together with her kids.. It was really quite a funny..uhh..or should I say..awkward sight coz the whole family was virtually lying across the floor on a rather crowded train during peak hours. Omg. *LOL*

That wasn’t all yet. Mr. Yang Ore was apparently quite happy and comfortable sitting on the floor in his mother’s arms, but he will whine every now and then for mummy’s attention. Meanwhile, Mr. HyperActive wasn’t helping at all, he started to get bored sitting down and he got up to play~ *fainted* He ran around, turning in circles and bumped himself deliberately into the door while the train was still moving, screaming in his high-pitched boy boy voice..ohhh MY goodness..I think he got abit high there. =/ The mother was busy taking care of the young one, and because she has only two hands, there was nothing much she could do to control the older son, while the rest of the passengers started turning their heads in our direction and staring at the attention-seeking family..GHEE..

Oh..did I forget to mention the sister? Haha..she was considered very obedient compared to her 2 brothers, but I must say those 2 boys alone were enough to give the mother a BIG serious headache. Trust me, even I myself couldn’t stand the level of noise the kids were making in the busy train, it can really get on your nerves coz you are quite seh by this time of the day, you really just want some peace. Well I finally reached my station and was so glad to get off the rowdy train..after having to squeeze my way through the kids coz they were happily blocking the exit, and the mother had no power over them at all. Sigh.

Initially I had sympathized with the mother..I thought she must have been quite embarrassed, being totally vulnerable in getting her own children to behave in public and having to tolerate people’s irritated stares. But my mum pointed out that the mother also has to be responsible for this herself because the children appear to be spoilt, which is the reason why they dared to misbehave and do whatever they wanted without fear of being punished. I think mum does have a point here, I recall the children’s mother being soft-spoken and was neither harsh nor stern with her kids when they were being very mischievous in public. I guess if she had been much stricter and more firm in disciplining her kids right from the start, she could have avoided such awkward situations.

Oh well..nonetheless, I still luv kids though..babies to toddlers to lower primary kids. Oh, no no. spare me of kids like Mr. Yang Ore and Mr. Hyperactive.. obedient kids I mean of coz. Kids put a smile on my face. :) They are such lovely lil’ things..they stand small like a xiao3 bu4 dian3, with their little hands and legs..they’re outrageously adorable! Their innocent eyes stare into yours, and you know whether they’re sad or happy. Their sweet giggles and lively laughter spread joy to the people around them. A loving hug and some love is enough to keep them happy the whole day..or just give them their little smelly mini sized pillows and they will be so contented. Each and every little thing they do comes straight from their little hearts, so innocent and harmless, you just want to love them more.

So, what makes you smile? Babies and guai1 young kids for me, but maybe not for you. And puppies for me too.. just one look at them..they way they move, the way they look into your eyes, is enough to make you throw all your worries to the back of your mind.

Can I have a puppy of my own, please? Hahaha….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home