..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

30.11.05

Happy Birthday to Sis and Me

For the two of us:
Ghez, we both look tired by the time we got home after spending a long day outside. But it was fun :)
281105: A Special Day for Sis
Every year, we’d normally have our cake-cutting on the birthday night around 10+, but sis had plans on Monday. So we had it brought forward.. and played with the timing to make it a lil’ more special than usual, something we haven’t tried before in the past – midnight cake cutting! ;P

The clock in the dining room struck 12…

Papa quickly switched off the lights, lit the candles and we sang a hearty birthday song for sis. Make a wish. Phoooo..blow out the candles, and *applause!!* yAy! Happy Birthday, my dear sis! =)

This year, we ordered a small Tiramisu cake from ‘Tiramisutra’ – an online store - for sis’s bdae. Papa tried their cakes before after his colleague recommended it to him last time, and he thought the cakes were really good. We decided to get one too so all of us can try it.

The cake certainly lived up to our expectations..taste was excellent! We could taste the alcohol in every bite, but it wasn’t overly strong. The cake was so smooth and soft, every bite just feels like it’s melting in the mouth. It’s indeed one of the best cakes I’ve tried so far. A tad bit ex, but it’s worth a try. Tiramisutra - highly recommended! ;)

The only thing that bothered me was I didn’t manage to get a birthday present for sis. No surprise this year..nothing. I felt really bad :( I know she was looking for a bag..a bigger one, but she hasn’t found any that fits her bill. I have to admit I neglected her big day..kinda. I guess I didn’t try hard enough to think/find what else I can get for her. But I’ll make it up somehow..say a big Christmas-cum-super-belated-bdae-gift? Yea, something that she likes :)

291105: A Special Day for Me
This is an official ‘Lee’ holiday for us. Papa, sis and me took one day off from work, and mummy had her roster planned in advance so she was off from work on Tuesday too. Perfect attendance! yAy!

We didn’t have any activities planned specially beforehand. I was craving for some KTV initially but turned out it didn’t fit our schedule unfortunately, So we decided to enjoy some family shopping instead – hmm..shoe shopping to be exact ;p

We went C&K, coz members have special discount on birthdays. I got myself a pair of silver low heels which I had laid my eyes on earlier, and mummy paid for it! Papa also got himself 2 pairs of new shoes from Everbest. Rare chance for him to come out shopping and we were lucky to find suitable ones for him, and I paid for them
! Giving and taking does feel good! ;D

Evening time, we headed to a cosy homely restaurant opp Bugis junction for Mongolian steamboat dinner. Food was not too bad.. but the desserts were the special highlights. tou4 sha1 jian1 bing3 – my all-time favourite, and zha4 xian1 nai3 (“fried milk”) was the ultimate. The outer layer is fried and crispy, but the inner custard-like filling was cold! Very unique!

After dinner, we collected the cake and..home-sweet-home.

Aunt gave me this little lovely puppy..I so adore it!

That’s my birthday cake, which I picked from the various chocolate selections they had at Four Leaves. Chocolate is sweet, and chocolate makes you happy. Don’t you love chocolate?


And this is my surprise birthday gift from sis and gor. Sis popped it in front of me 1st thing at 12am. There was a lovely little pink card inside the box with a pig on the cover (Pigs are my favourites too!) I couldn’t believe it myself too but I was crying while reading the card..how silly can I be?? I am happy and I know I should be smiling and giggling away, but I just couldn’t control my emotions. I was too touched, I guess.. :) And I’m already wearing the chain now..I love it. The earrrings I will leave it for some other nice occasion for its “premiere”. ;D

Finally, a few words from the bottom of my heart. I want to say my heartfelt thanks to papa, mummy, sis, simon, and my friends. I really had the best time during this short 13 hours of my birthday.

Waking up to receive messages filled wth cheery birthday wishes popping into my phone one after the other is the best present I can ever wish for on this day. It is so thoughtful of you girls to drop me an sms early in the morning while rushing to go to work..it really warms my heart so. Thank you, Driz. Thank you, to all my fishes – bell, weili, ting, mich & joyce. Each and every message is special to me, and I’ll keep them in my phone for a good long time. Hugs!!

Thank you to my family for taking time to accompany me on this important occasion and made me feel like this was really MY day.

Thank you for EVERYthing, for making me a truly happy birthday girl!

I’m contented.
And I’m blessed.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hewo darling,
    im so touched by your family outing. i didnt know u took leave on ur birthday leh! but it really warms my heart to see you celebrate birthdays as a family like that. so wen1 xin1 and so gan3 ren2. :) *sobsob* :)

    and sigh, really sorry for not being able to present u with a present early enuf. end up have to be so belated *paiseh* i really feel bad leh. so late liao. but yes we will go try the dress soon ok! :)

    oh anyways, ur cake reminded me of something: that day emicakes called me. i thought they made a mistake cuz i didnt order any cake! turns out they were calling to see if i wanted to order cake for my bday this yr. haha. they got my records from last yr mah. so funny one.. heh. and yar glad u enjoyed the cake. maybe special occassion i can try the tiramisu cake too! :):)

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jshan said…

    oh yes..I took leave cuz I dun wanna 2b burying myself with work even on my birthday..hehe.

    no worries about the present seriously..everyone's so busy and i'm already very happy that we are meeting up on tues..looking forward to dinner!! :)and you must accompany me to try the dress ar..dont you run away! ;P

    wow..emicakes got really good personalised service ya..to keep their customers..haha. smart business tactic there. if you interested in Tiramisutra, just get the details from me anytime! ;D

    Think abt what present you'd want for ur bdae k.. hehe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home