..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

20.11.05

Here We Come-a Caroling~

I have been caroling for six years now, with VJ and VC. Wow… six years it is. It truly is a great way to indulge in the joy of Christmas season – to enjoy spreading the cheer to all who listens, and take pleasure in singing to celebrate this wonderful time of the year. It is an experience I’ll always remember and I’m thankful to two people for making it happen.

First to mention is Sau Yee. If not for her, I wouldn’t even dream about going VJ (it just seemed too far-fetched for me then), let alone becoming a member of the prestigious choir, which set me off on this amazing caroling journey.

If not for Joyce’s encouragement, I wouldn’t have managed to muster all my guts to join VC. I was too timid to join alone so I would have dropped the idea long ago, trust me on that. But I’m glad Joyce was there, if not I would not have gave myself a second chance to further my “caroling career”..haha. So, here’s a big thank you to you gals, cuz Christmas would not have been the same for me if not for the two of you :)

This year, caroling started really early. I attended my first session yesterday, and it was at Changi Airport. Well, Christmas is still a month away and the mood hasn’t exactly set in yet, but singing was all we were looking forward to after the long post-concert break!

Unfortunately, things didn’t kick off quite well for us yesterday. Joyce had problems with her access pass into the transit area, along with Mike and Yann too. Darn. So which meant Joyce could not be sing with us yesterday AND today, and needless to say, I was totally disappointed. There was nothing we could do about it until Monday, so we were down to only 12 singers.

Wet blankets aside, the rest of the Saturday evening was generally smooth-sailing, and fun! Guys in suits walking around the transit area was still ok, but the girls invited quite a couple of curious stares from staff and travellers. After all it isn’t a common sight to have people dressed in “e-mei2 pai4”-like costumes wandering around in the airport. LOL. We sure look like some ulu-pandan budget airline stewardess that they have never seen before..hahaha.

Our session ended around 9+ and the whole bunch of us headed down to Swensens for some supper! I ordered the super chocolatey ice-cream (which I forgot what it’s called)..ultimately sweet, and also incredibly sinful with this big chunk of chocolate fudge at the bottom..oh GHEZ! We had some nice chit-chat there, and boy, I love Yokie’s ipod nano!! I’ve long been planning to get an MP3 player and now I’m seriously thinking about getting that..heehee.

We had another session at the airport today. Though I ended up taking a cab down which costs me $10..*heart pain* (because I was running late and there was a heavy downpour), I guess the singing made up for it. For some reason, I seemed to enjoy today’s performance alil’ more than I did yesterday. Joke of the day: 10 singers and no conductor, and we still can sing..waaah we’re the best choir around man! Haha. It was my first time singing with such a small group, and it’s really a different kind of “fun” ;) Looking forward to next weekend now..yieeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home