Relax, brudder!
I have been wanting to blog about this amusing incident that happened last weekend, but haven’t got the time to do it. So here it is, one week later and still fresh in my mind. It’s an account (a long one) of my true personal experience. No kiddin’.
Last Sunday was Papa’s birthday, and we had invited Simon over to join us for our celebration at Crystal Jade Bugis. After a filling “hearty-cum-meaty” lunch, the 3 of us made our way down to Orchard to collect Pa’s birthday cake. We took a train down, and somehow the train at Bugis always takes very long to come. Besides it was a weekend, so the station was already packed with lots of people waiting eagerly to hop on by the time the train arrived.
(Doors opened…)
*CHAAARGE!!!*…. Everybody started dashing and squeezing hurriedly into the train, inching forward by any tiny bit of space they could find in front of them. I had barely stepped into the train and the people behind started pushing me in. Simon was in front of me, so by logic of the “sardine domino effect”, he wasn’t spared from it as well. Simon then blurted out casually, “I hate Singaporeans..always push….” (Ya, that’s about the gist of it.)
You know, the funny thing was simon was actually talking to me, but apparently it was loud enough for the man standing in front of him to hear what he had said (let’s call this man ‘Mr KP’). Well maybe Mr KP thought Simon meant it as open criticism – if not I can only say he is being plain kay-poh – he actually responded, “If you don’t like Singapore, then don’t come next time”, ending off his speech with a super ya-ya look on his face.
Frankly speaking, I was in shock when I first heard those words shot out from his mouth. I was like, are you talking to us?? Simon was shocked by his reaction too, so he turned back and looked at Sis & I, yelling as softly as he could, “hey I’m SINGAPOREAN!!”.. *lol*. Within the next few seconds, the 3 of us then managed to find a spot to stand, and it was coincidentally right behind Mr KP.
The show has just begun…
Sis wasn’t very happy with the remark that Mr KP fired at Simon - or us - to be exact, cuz we are a group! So we decided to play a lil’ game. =p Sis told Simon to ignore Mr KP and just let him talk whatever he wants, intentionally speaking alil’ louder so that Mr KP could hear - if he had meant to eavesdrop on our conversation. Sis and Simon then went on making some sarcastic remarks here and there, and laughed the matter off like it was but a joke. Two people adding some sparks to the fire was enough, so the best thing I could do then was to act as the rational one - be quiet and just observe first.
Apparently Mr KP was not satisfied by just one mere sentence he fired at us, and true enough he was listening in to our conversation all the while! (here comes the climax) I think he couldn’t stand it any longer after hearing our “jokes”, so he carried his lil’ daughter up in his arms and “educated” his daughter. Let me quote his words, ” 以后你长大了不要像人家一样乱讲话, 有读书的人不是这样的”
Btw his daughter looked like she was barely 3 years old and was still googoo-gaga-ing away when her father carried her up, how on earth would she understand what the father is talking about? YIKES!!!! I can’t imagine a man behaving like that, that makes him worse than a 3-8 woman lor! Obviously he was referring to us! And insulting us altogether! Crap. He could well turn his back around and tell us that in our faces. I bet he didn’t dare, but used his daughter as a means to get back at us. I’ve never seen such a ridiculously petty man before. Totally incorrigible and disgusting to the max!!!!!
Well ok, I shall be fair. To a certain extent Mr KP does deserve some credit for being such a patriotic citizen, who loves our country and has the courage to speak up for her. But besides this, everything else he did was WRONG!!
I admit Simon’s personal comment wasn’t exactly 100% politically correct if you look at it objectively, but he absolutely didn’t mean it in an insulting sense. I mean, a mature adult should be able to understand that a youngster’s careless comment need not be taken too seriously, and also see that there is really no need to get so upset and worked up over it. But it appears that Mr KP actually got quite personal about it, for whatever reason.
Moreover, Simon’s 18 and he’s serving the country now lo, hello? What makes you think that he would mean a comment that would mean slaping himself in the face? Then again, I guess Mr KP’s eyes were tak-stamp, he couldn’t see that Simon had this typical army-boy hairstyle, let’s forgive him.
Never had I engaged in an open conflict with a fellow Singaporean like this before. But frankly speaking, I got a kick out of teaching Mr KP a lesson and showing him that we weren’t afraid of him..haha. It was quite shiok ;P But I was seriously offended by the last comment he made, for some strange unknown reason. You know, I really had this urge then to pull out my degree and slap it in his face..hahahaha…
Maybe this Mr KP is some big shot or what, I don’t care. The way he behaved and handled the situation, the way he judged people and the rude comments he made says a lot about what kind of a person he is…CMI. Fail fail fail!!!



1 Comments:
At 9:20 AM,
Anonymous said…
daruma doll ritual and doing truth
Last night at the garden we were looking at - doing truth', inspired by some of the thinking of John Caputo around how we can live in a world were there are no absolutes.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to company construction mn road on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like company construction mn road!
Post a Comment
<< Home