What A Week!
How often does a Monday feel like a Friday? And a Tuesday that feels almost like a Sunday? How about a Wednesday that feels like a second Friday of the week?
1st week of November was a highly anticipated week - for me at least - having been deprived of holidays for more than 2 months since the last public holiday, and having 2 public holidays in 1 single week, how rare is that!! You know..it’s such a blessing to not have to pull myself up so early in the morning, and I can cuddle under the blanket, hug my pillows, and spend a few more hours wandering in dreamland..*umm* So how can I not look forward to this week?
Well..despite all anticipation and excitement, I think I felt more “motion sickness” than anything else after the real ride. The feeling was just – NOT good? One working day followed by one holiday. Repeat this in 3 consecutive sets and I found it wasn’t as easy as I thought - one moment in holiday mood, and the next moment I havta switch back to a more serious working mood. Switching back&forth seemed more like a chore than fun.
If a holiday were to fall right smack in the middle of a particular week in PH, likely it’ll get shifted to the Monday or Friday of that same week..so people can all enjoy a good long weekend. So nice!! When can we have that in SG? Then I will enjoy my holidays much much more! *Dream on* Ohh well..
Good and bad things for this stirring week - literally. Some highlights.
Monday started out well. Cuz what else can I complain about a Monday that doesn’t seem at all like one? WHICH means..I don’t have to worry about ending up like a panda the next working day! Wahaha.. So I went with Joyce to bugis V after work. Must thank her for introducing me to such a cool place, and for being such a good guide. Never knew there were SO many lil’ pretty shops hidden inside! Bugis V is really a shopping paradise~ Must arm myself with sufficient $$ before I go there the next time! *wink*
Deepavali was intended to be a lazy day at home..to get some good rest and do my own things. But that only lasted till lunchtime, cuz for the rest of the afternoon I ended up spending the whole time typing in front of my computer. Why? Because I realised I had gotten myself into some hot soup for what I had said (online), or rather something that I shouldn’t have said.
I wouldn’t deny that from a certain point of view and interest, what I said wasn’t strictly appropriate - this I try to compromise. But after thinking it through hard enough, I know I had followed my heart and I believe what I said had to be said. In the first place, my real intentions of saying what I had said were not what others perceived to be, but I can’t blame them if they do not understand. At the end of the day my conscience is clear and I have nothing to fear. Though there’s a part of me that is still angry, I just want to solve problems and not create new ones. Most importantly, I do not wish that this will affect something else that is of greater importantance to me.
All right..unpleasant things hit and I get dragged down. But I’m glad I spent a wonderful Thursday with Sis and Simon, and helped throw things to the back of my mind. We watched a great movie - Legend of Zorro (couldn’t get my eyes off Catherine Zeta Zones everytime she’s onscreen..she’s so beautiful!), and we had a great afternoon shopping, learning 5-mins French @ PS (now I only remember like 10% of what I learnt..*oops*), and a nice dinner @ Manhattan Fish Market (you should try it if you haven’t!). Shiokk :)
It’s the time of the year again to be singing carols again! VC practice resumed today as we’re preparing for our 1st caroling session this year, which will be at Changi Airport in 2 weeks time! It’s going to be my first time singing there, so hope it’s gonna be fun!
1st week of November was a highly anticipated week - for me at least - having been deprived of holidays for more than 2 months since the last public holiday, and having 2 public holidays in 1 single week, how rare is that!! You know..it’s such a blessing to not have to pull myself up so early in the morning, and I can cuddle under the blanket, hug my pillows, and spend a few more hours wandering in dreamland..*umm* So how can I not look forward to this week?
Well..despite all anticipation and excitement, I think I felt more “motion sickness” than anything else after the real ride. The feeling was just – NOT good? One working day followed by one holiday. Repeat this in 3 consecutive sets and I found it wasn’t as easy as I thought - one moment in holiday mood, and the next moment I havta switch back to a more serious working mood. Switching back&forth seemed more like a chore than fun.
If a holiday were to fall right smack in the middle of a particular week in PH, likely it’ll get shifted to the Monday or Friday of that same week..so people can all enjoy a good long weekend. So nice!! When can we have that in SG? Then I will enjoy my holidays much much more! *Dream on* Ohh well..
Good and bad things for this stirring week - literally. Some highlights.
Monday started out well. Cuz what else can I complain about a Monday that doesn’t seem at all like one? WHICH means..I don’t have to worry about ending up like a panda the next working day! Wahaha.. So I went with Joyce to bugis V after work. Must thank her for introducing me to such a cool place, and for being such a good guide. Never knew there were SO many lil’ pretty shops hidden inside! Bugis V is really a shopping paradise~ Must arm myself with sufficient $$ before I go there the next time! *wink*
Deepavali was intended to be a lazy day at home..to get some good rest and do my own things. But that only lasted till lunchtime, cuz for the rest of the afternoon I ended up spending the whole time typing in front of my computer. Why? Because I realised I had gotten myself into some hot soup for what I had said (online), or rather something that I shouldn’t have said.
I wouldn’t deny that from a certain point of view and interest, what I said wasn’t strictly appropriate - this I try to compromise. But after thinking it through hard enough, I know I had followed my heart and I believe what I said had to be said. In the first place, my real intentions of saying what I had said were not what others perceived to be, but I can’t blame them if they do not understand. At the end of the day my conscience is clear and I have nothing to fear. Though there’s a part of me that is still angry, I just want to solve problems and not create new ones. Most importantly, I do not wish that this will affect something else that is of greater importantance to me.
All right..unpleasant things hit and I get dragged down. But I’m glad I spent a wonderful Thursday with Sis and Simon, and helped throw things to the back of my mind. We watched a great movie - Legend of Zorro (couldn’t get my eyes off Catherine Zeta Zones everytime she’s onscreen..she’s so beautiful!), and we had a great afternoon shopping, learning 5-mins French @ PS (now I only remember like 10% of what I learnt..*oops*), and a nice dinner @ Manhattan Fish Market (you should try it if you haven’t!). Shiokk :)
It’s the time of the year again to be singing carols again! VC practice resumed today as we’re preparing for our 1st caroling session this year, which will be at Changi Airport in 2 weeks time! It’s going to be my first time singing there, so hope it’s gonna be fun!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home