~ International Women's Day ~
Does that ring a bell? This day has never existed in my calendar anyway by the way.
Last weekend I was reading about it in the papers. INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY. Oh ok.
Top 20 women to look out for...
Oh Wow.
Manager at age 32 with 2 kids.
WoW...
Young Managing Director of so and so MNC...
WOW.
wow wow.......
and the list goes on..
So. Where do I see myself in the next 5-10 years?
Gabra gabra gabra....
Erm... Hmm.... Eh... Hehe.
I DUNO.
You know, I’m really curious how these women can manage their super hectic work schedules and balance their family life at the same time? And why they seem to be able to kick it all so darn well! These people I call them the true creators of time..amazing people. I can never beat them to that I know, so I really admire those career women out there. Here’s a pat on the back!
I admit that I am not the sort who can survive this kind of lifestyle. Though there’s no farm, no open grasslands and no hilly areas in a busy city like Singapore, but amidst all the rush I would still love to have time for strolls and take my own sweet time to enjoy my meals and breathe the fresh air. I can't imagine being on hot heels every other minute and not afford to stop and take a breath. Or perhaps stone? If I can, I would prefer to take things slow, observe all the small things around me that I would have missed if I were rushing around like a busy bee my whole life.
That said, there is one thing that I strongly believe in - that everyone seeks a different path in life, as we are all here for a different purpose.
It's hard to be making a statement like this and live up to it when you are constantly faced with all the peer/societal pressure and what not. Individual success is measured solely on social/financial status and you see it so clearly right in our newspaper headlines.
So it seems striving for wealth and status is just the right thing to do and probably also the only thing that is worth our entire lifetime – every single one of us. But it’s so not true!
And the judgement: If you don't get there, you're simply OFF TRACK. Fullstop.
So this is all but a practical, materialistic world we live in..
*$$$ flashes...*
I think otherwise. Frankly speaking, I don't see myself ever heading anywhere near where all these people are going. Put simply, money is all but a means.
I may be seriously off track based on the criteria the society has set - and yes that's my own choice too - but I am glad to say I may be well on track on my own agenda! Working my time on things that I enjoy and care most is all I ever want. I am contented leading a simple yet fulfilling life. It may not bring me lots of material luxuries but it's ok. For goodness, who would let your own stomach go hungry? And I still want my share of spa indulgences once in a while to pamper myself a fair bit too!
At the end of the day, my principles are grounded on this word - 'NET'. How much comes in, that much goes out. So net, everyone is not that much different either! It's just mind tricks you know, and what you choose to see and believe in.
Last weekend I was reading about it in the papers. INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY. Oh ok.
Top 20 women to look out for...
Oh Wow.
Manager at age 32 with 2 kids.
WoW...
Young Managing Director of so and so MNC...
WOW.
wow wow.......
and the list goes on..
So. Where do I see myself in the next 5-10 years?
Gabra gabra gabra....
Erm... Hmm.... Eh... Hehe.
I DUNO.
You know, I’m really curious how these women can manage their super hectic work schedules and balance their family life at the same time? And why they seem to be able to kick it all so darn well! These people I call them the true creators of time..amazing people. I can never beat them to that I know, so I really admire those career women out there. Here’s a pat on the back!
I admit that I am not the sort who can survive this kind of lifestyle. Though there’s no farm, no open grasslands and no hilly areas in a busy city like Singapore, but amidst all the rush I would still love to have time for strolls and take my own sweet time to enjoy my meals and breathe the fresh air. I can't imagine being on hot heels every other minute and not afford to stop and take a breath. Or perhaps stone? If I can, I would prefer to take things slow, observe all the small things around me that I would have missed if I were rushing around like a busy bee my whole life.
That said, there is one thing that I strongly believe in - that everyone seeks a different path in life, as we are all here for a different purpose.
It's hard to be making a statement like this and live up to it when you are constantly faced with all the peer/societal pressure and what not. Individual success is measured solely on social/financial status and you see it so clearly right in our newspaper headlines.
So it seems striving for wealth and status is just the right thing to do and probably also the only thing that is worth our entire lifetime – every single one of us. But it’s so not true!
And the judgement: If you don't get there, you're simply OFF TRACK. Fullstop.
So this is all but a practical, materialistic world we live in..
*$$$ flashes...*
I think otherwise. Frankly speaking, I don't see myself ever heading anywhere near where all these people are going. Put simply, money is all but a means.
I may be seriously off track based on the criteria the society has set - and yes that's my own choice too - but I am glad to say I may be well on track on my own agenda! Working my time on things that I enjoy and care most is all I ever want. I am contented leading a simple yet fulfilling life. It may not bring me lots of material luxuries but it's ok. For goodness, who would let your own stomach go hungry? And I still want my share of spa indulgences once in a while to pamper myself a fair bit too!
At the end of the day, my principles are grounded on this word - 'NET'. How much comes in, that much goes out. So net, everyone is not that much different either! It's just mind tricks you know, and what you choose to see and believe in.



1 Comments:
At 3:16 AM,
Cat said…
we shouldn't just be celebrating all these multi-tasking women... we should be celebrating women like you too! People who actually bother to stop and smell the roses. So many of us talk the talk, but it's so difficult to walk the walk. Kudos to you in being able to live it up.
Post a Comment
<< Home