..+**^~-. [Shan-me] Me Time .-~^**+..

12.8.06

OUCH!

No no… This entry was supposed to be some good news that I’ve been looking forward to share since weeks ago.. But because of an unfortunate twist of events I’ll have to leave that till later..

For now, here’s a report on that fateful night of national day eve.

I fell down, for some strange reason.
At the busstop opposite YIH (NUS folks will know which one I’m talking abt).

I was going down the flight of steps when I saw my bus approaching…
*PLOP*
I landed on my butt the next second.

There was no balancing act or what crap. It all happened so fast I only realised I had fallen when I found myself sitting on the steps..

For a few seconds I was sunken in a state of shock, until I heard a voice that triggered my senses,
“Are you ok??”
Erm…
I tried twitching my right foot to see if there was any pain at all.
OUCH.
Okay.. as I had expected..
I didn’t wanna try bending my elbow. So I turned my arm around to check.
To my horror, I saw an abnormal bump on my elbow.
Shucks.. what’s that? Is that my bone?!?
I almost went weak in my knees..

To save myself from embarrassment, I replied Mr Samaritan, “Ya ya I’m ok” (when in fact I’m not), hoping that he would leave me alone to let me think about what I should do next.
The next thing I realised the bus was still there waiting for me!
(Btw I owe both Mr Samaritan and the bus driver a Thank You coz I was too seh to thank them that day.)

Barely recovering from the trauma, I hurriedly made my way up the bus, somehow.
On the bus journey home, I was silently groaning in pain. I’m not sure where the pain was coming from, it was just all over.
I was terrified.
I didn’t know how bad the injuries were, and I didn’t dare to look.
Yes I’m such a weakling.

Finally I got down the bus, Sis was there to pick me up from the busstop.
I was so happy to see her, I cried.

Luckily for me, the bump at my elbow was only due to the sudden impact of the fall (yes it’s not my bone.. haha I’m really good at scaring myself) and it had subsided by the time I reached home. After putting down my stuff, my family accompanied me to TTSH.

I did an Xray and Miss Doc found a small chip (or is it a crack) in my ankle bone. She advised me to see a specialist one week later and meanwhile to prevent it from worsening, here is the present I got for National Day…


Elephant foot :(

And because of the thick bandage (it’s not a cast, btw), I had to be put on this…


The first time in my life (and I had to pay $30 for it…)

Seriously, I had never expect to spend my National Day like this…

And my plans all went down the drain… my Siglap performance @ VCH yesterday, chill-out time at Dawn’s place last night, my intended shopping spree this weekend.. and missing work (I feel quite bad about this coz I barely just came back to office for work after my WCG trip and now I’m on one week MC..)
And most importantly, my M-O-B-I-L-I-T-Y for one whole week.

It isn’t a pleasant experience, making my family members run around to send me to hospital that night and coming back only at 2am when they had to wake up early the next morning (even though it’s a public holiday) and make accommodattions now that I have problems moving about.. thank you so much, papa, mama n sis :)

I’m just resting as much as I can now so that I’ll be well again very soon… =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home